Monday, July 27, 2009

My Day


For my Saturday in Colorado, I chose to go to Pike's Peak mountain, and eat at a restaurant in Colorado Springs called Fargos. We were going to take the train up to the top of the mountain and then hike down-Pike's Peak is a famous mountain in Colorado that is a fourteener-meaning, it's over 14,000 feet above sea level. Well, turns out that they don't sell one way tickets on Saturdays, and it would take over 12-13 hours to hike it round trip. So we ended up driving round trip. It was so beautiful at the top. They make donuts at the top, a "special" recipe because of the high elevation. They were so divine! We stopped at a few places along the way up the mountain. It was so beautiful and peaceful!

On our way back, we stopped at Fargos, a pizza place in Colorado Springs, that is set up like an old fashioned bar. A coworker told me about it. I love trying out new places! All in all, another fun Saturday in Colorado!


On the drive up to the peak, I stuck my head out the car's sunroof. Isn't this an awesome shot?!

Rick, Jessica, me and Ellen at the top. So high up!

This is my friend, the cougar, at one of the stops up to the top..

Jessica and I, so happy to be out in nature!

Enjoying a yummy Pike's Peak donut!


Funny story..when we paid to get into the Pike's Peak area, they gave us a paper and said to get a stamp at 3 stops along the way to get a free prize. I'm all about free so of course we did it. This was our prize, a lovely little button. Loved it!

Me, Jessica and Rick at the lake.

Here is Fargos..We had to look at a mirror for our order number to come up when our food was ready. So fun!

2 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Fun Fun FUN!!!

Kelsy and Brad said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Did you know that Brad grew up in colorado springs? He got stuck on pikes peak during a snowstorm when he was a teenager and more excitingly fargo's is his favorite restaurant!!! We go there every time we go to visit his parents'! so cool!

We can talk more about it when we have lunch....call me!