Monday, July 13, 2009

MoTab at Red Rocks

I've been doing so much fun things lately and I'm so far behind on my blog that I'm doing posts as often as I can! So if you don't know me, or haven't been able to tell by my blog posts, I am big on goal setting and I am the type of person that once I set my mind to doing something, I do it. One of my goals here in Denver was to see a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater. If you have never seen this beautiful place, you need to sometime in your life (and invite me along!) It's so beautiful! Musicians play there often. It holds about 10,000 people. I was able to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform there last Monday evening, with the Utah Symphony Orchestra. I've never seen them perform live outside of General Conference and I couldn't have asked for a better setting. Our seats were high so we could see literally all of the Denver area, and the cloud formations, as always, were gorgeous. And above all, the music was inspiring, touching, and beyond words incredible. I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to see them perform, the spirit I felt, and to be in the presence of so many talented people. The prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, just so happened to be attending this concert. He was clear in the front, so afterward my friends Annaliese, Jason and I tried to run down so we could shake his hand (on my list of things I want to do before I die), but it was too late. But all in all, it was the perfect way to spend an evening!!

Jessica and I before the concert.

Look at the beautiful clouds, with the sunset..I can never get enough of this in Colorado.

The Mo Tab! There's over 300 of them!

Look at the awesome moon by the red rock!

Again, clouds. I'm obsessed with them. Someday I'll do a post of all the reasons why I love clouds, and the analogies I make from them.

Jessica and I with the MoTab behind us! So many people were there!!

We're cute, I had to post lots of pictures of us!

The view from where I was sitting, zoomed in. To the left, those are the buildings of downtown Denver..and then to the left of that is Green Mountain, which I hiked on the Fourth of July!

So I can't hold a camera still, sue me! I wasn't able to record very much, my camera was full of memory. But at least you can hear part of the song, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing." The instrumental on this was beautiful. Meggan, this one's for you!

1 comment:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

What an awesome opportunity! It looks like it was quite the experience!!!
I went to a red rock ampitheatear near St. George and absolutely loved it!