Monday, March 30, 2009

I Miss Hudson, Tate, and Of Course Their Parents!

So as you know, I made a big decision last year at this time, to move to Colorado. It was a hard decision for me, I knew I needed to go somewhere different for a while, and I was really contemplating D.C. because 2 of my sisters live there. I flew out to Denver for my Spring Break to visit my close friends Brady and Kristy. At that time, Kristy was about 5 months pregnant. I absolutely loved the time I spent there, and really started to think that maybe moving to Colorado would be a better fit for me: closer to home so I could bring more things, only a 9 hour drive if I needed to go home for anything, and I would know at least some people here. I loved how beautiful it was, and knew that it would offer just as much to me at this time in my life as D.C. could, if not more. I really fasted and prayed to know what place was better for me. I didn't receive an answer, so I felt like that was Heavenly Father telling me that He trusted I would pick the place that was best. I finally settled on Colorado. I came out in July with my friend Jackie to find a place to live. I looked at quite a few places, but liked the Coyote Ranch apartments best, which also happened to be the place that Brady and Kristy lived (I PROMISE I didn't pick it just because they lived here, I swear :) ). It was official! I moved here the first part of August, and have loved every second since: the good, the bad, the hard times.

Hudson and Tate came into the world on July 4th, so by the time I came out here, they were born! My favorite thing was knowing that I had such close friends as my neighbors and could turn to them for anything. I loved spending time with all of them, and especially enjoyed watching Tate and Hudson grow. I loved them from the first time I laid eyes on them. I remember a particularly hard day here in Colorado, when I came close to giving up and moving back to Utah. I went over to their apartment, and held Tate. He instantly was laughing, and I felt an immediate peace and joy come over me. At that moment, I knew I had to stick it out here. I love those boys so much, I almost cried the night I said goodbye to them, as they were moving to Idaho for a better job fit for Brady.

Thank you Brady, Kristy, Hudson, and Tate for making my transition here easier, and for being so good to me. I appreciate you both so much for what you offer to me, and for being good, true friends. I miss you, and hope that all in Idaho is going well. I can't wait to see you guys and hold the boys!! Thank you for letting me share in their lives, it brings me so much joy that I can't express.




1 comment:

Kristy said...

This made me cry...how sad is that. I just saw pictures of my cute boys and was reading about how they have already made an impact on so many people already in the short time they have been here and it amazes me. Thanks Tawna for being such a great freind for loving our kids so much! We miss you too!!