Monday, March 16, 2009

I love George Washington!


My first video on the blog! Yay Tawna!!

Two weekends ago, we went on a small road trip to Rapid City, South Dakota to visit Mount Rushmore, somewhere I've wanted to go for years! It was about a 7 hour road trip, but totally worth it. I squealed with delight when I first saw my George, I about scared Michelle off the road. We spent a good few hours there, walking around and visiting the museum. You can get closer to the presidents than I thought! I learned a lot of interesting facts as well.

If you know me, I have a personal love and deep respect for George Washington. Nothing against Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, or Abe Lincoln, they did a lot for our great country as well. but George holds a special place in my heart. Everyone needs to go to Mount Rushmore sometime in their life. If you need someone to go with you, I'm so there! We went in the off season so there wasn't a whole lot to do in Rapid City, but it's a quaint little town. I enjoyed my trip and seeing George!


Me attempting to kiss the Prezies


Look how close I got!

There was an awesome walkway with all the US flag, and postings when the state joined the union. Hil and I posing by Utah!

George and I. Can't wait to meet him!

Yay! Mount Rushmore!

Hil and I at the Firehouse Restaurant in Rapid City. It seemed like it was the only thing open at 8 PM on a Saturday night! (We sadly took a 4 hour nap after spending the day at Mt. Rushmore and missed out on the highlight hours of the city. Yes, we are that old :) )


4 comments:

Tabbi said...

Great pics! I'm glad you were able to see your boyfriend George again. Remember last year when we were hanging out at his house in the pouring rain and you lost my umbrella and I threw a hissy fit? Haha, sorry about that!

Tiffany said...

That so cool It has to be so great to see all these places!!

Sunshine Designed said...

Great pics, glad you had fun!

It's a Jensen Thing... said...

You've been tagged by ME! Be sure to check out my blog to see what it's all about! I miss you like crazy! Remember to let me know when you're here visiting!