Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Running Journey

Running and I have a love/hate relationship. It really has changed my life the past three years since I started to have it be a more permanent part of my life. Since my first race 3 years ago, I have been able to participate in 5 5K races, 1 10K and 1 half marathon. But my ultimate goal has been to run a full marathon. And I decided this is the year to do it! Running in Colorado became a constant, consistent part of my life. Since moving back to Utah it's been pretty sparse since the half and having my surgery. But I started up again yesterday. Can I just say how much I miss my running path by my apartment in CO? I took advantage of that great Cherry Creek Trail as often as my little heart could. What I wouldn't give to have that trail here with me now. Or maybe what I wouldn't give to be back there...alone with my thoughts and fears, receiving clarity to the questions in my heart, coming to love who I am and the body I have that is able to do so much. But maybe I can have those same experiences here in Utah, on the treadmill while it's freezing outside, and off the treadmill when warmth comes back to us once again. Bring it on marathon, bring it on!

Man, I miss this trail so much today, I could cry!!

Posing before one of the 5K's.

Posing after the halfie with my awesome sister-in-law.

Posing before the Bolder Boulder 10K. I plan to run that every year. Anyone is free to join me, it's the funnest race you will ever do!!

My second 5K I participated in.

6 comments:

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

So where are you running in Tree Town? Ughh I need to get my outofshape body back in shape!

Sunshine Designed said...

When is the Boulder boulder? I really want to do it with you. Any excuse to get out of CV and run is worth it!

Jenn said...

Go Tawna! About the only thing I run is my mouth... and that doesn't do much for my figure. Someday, I WILL get back on a treadmill or maybe even one of Colorado's killer trails.

I hope all is well in Utah.

Megan said...

The Top of Utah Marathon is the best! Good luck with your training. I spent the summer I was training for it living at my parents in Fielding. Lots of places to run out there. Thanks for being an amazing example for me- even though we aren't that close I really do look up to you!
Take care,
Megan Menlove :)

Macquel said...

You are so AWESOME! I love your running stories... they inspire me!!