Monday, January 25, 2010

Random Thoughts

I had my third surgery this past week, and I'm doing pretty well. I'm sore and I'm tired from going back to teaching today, but I'm hanging in there. No use complaining! It is what it is, and I'm just hoping this will solve the problem. It was nice to have some down time for a bit. I mainly just slept, watched lots of good movies and TV shows and read books. This time I asked to have a pain medication switch, Percocet made me super crazy. This time I took Loratab and it didn't make me send out crazy, emotional texts, like I've been known to send in the past.

I had this random thought today as I got home from work. This might not make sense, but stay with me for a bit. I thought about how I am all that I have. Truly. Yes, I have great friends and family in my life, but I can always and only depend fully on myself. I am with myself 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I will do my challenges alone, I will go through life with me. And I thought how I'm grateful for that, that I'm grateful I am who I am. I wouldn't want to be stuck with anyone else. I love who I am. It's taken me a long time to come to this, and the thought came out of nowhere today, but I really appreciate the person that I am. Of course I see so many awesome qualities in others that I admire, that I would love to develop in myself. And others bring out the best in me, and help me to challenge myself and grow. But overall, I love the person I have become. I love that I am a hard worker, that when I set my goal to do something, I am determined to complete it. I love that I graduated from college fast, and was able to find a teaching job that challenges me everyday. I love that I have allowed myself to change in my career, trying different grade levels, and constantly researching and learning new ways to be a better teacher for my students. I love the fact that I was honest with myself in taking a sabbatical and pursuing other things outside of teaching, that I followed my heart and soul and spent time in Colorado. I love the experiences and friends I made there that made me a better person coming back to Utah and teaching. I love that I am short, that I have naturally curly hair, little feet, blue eyes and strong calves. I love how I am so inspired by Sarah McLachlan's lyrics and melodies, how easily music speaks to me, and is the way that I bear truth and testimony. I love that I love reading good, uplifting books, that I challenge myself in growing in my spirituality, studying and reading about several religions and philosophies. I love how easily I love others, that I am a good listener and caring friend, that I am very dependable and would do anything to help anyone I love and care about. I love that I am a happy person, who doesn't depend on others for my happiness, that I allow myself to feel and experience my emotions but I don't let them define me or control me. I love my contagious laugh, and being around people who make me laugh so easily and often. I love that I love to run, sing, play the piano for hours at a time, and that I love my nieces and nephews more than I love anyone. I love the way that being with children makes me feel so at peace and in tune with who I am, how they bring out the best in me. I LOVE the people who I am so blessed to call friends. I have always had the greatest friends, and that continues to grow. I've always been surrounded by the most uplifting, positive, fun people. How can a girl go wrong when she's surrounded with the best?! I strongly believe that you can tell who a person is by who they call their friends. So you can tell who I am because of who I choose to associate with. I love the knowledge I have, and how I allow myself to keep learning and changing for the better.

My new motto this year, besides living in the moment, is that my life is good. This is a good, good life. There's nothing to complain about! When you're happy like a fool, let it take you over! When everything is out, you gotta take it in! This is my new favorite song. Definitely at the top of my running list. When I need a good boost or uplift, this song will be what changes that.

So there you have it, folks, my random thoughts as of now. This has gotta be a good life!

2 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

two thumbs up, way up, to Tawna!!!

StephieMae said...

I love that song!!