Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goals for 2010

With the new year coming up on us, of course we all are thinking of New Year's Resolutions we would like to accomplish this year. Me included in that. However, I made a list of 27 goals this past February of what I would accomplish before I turn 28. So my list of goals for 2010 include a few things I need to finish before turning 28 in Febs, and then the rest are for the rest of the year. My top 10 goals for 2010 are as follows:

1. Run the top of Utah full marathon in September. So I will be spending the next nine months training myself to run 26.2 miles.
2. Read the Book of Mormon. I had the goal to finish it before February, I'm currently in Helaman, but my dad gave my whole family a challenge to finish reading it before he does, so I have decided to include myself in this challenge.
3. Finish reading Les Miserables.
4. Get a pedicure-feet scare me so this is a hard one! I don't want someone else touching my feet with their hands...
5. Completely pay off all my debt.
6. For the last few years I've gone on a trip over President's Weekend since it's so close to my birthday..my own little gift to myself. So I would like to go somewhere fun for President's Day weekend!
7. Finish memorizing the lyrics to We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel. I'm so close!
8. Write 2 letters/cards to friends/family each month.
9. If I stay in first grade, I would like to completely organize all my files and my classroom. If I switch grade levels, I want to be totally prepared beforehand in teaching it!
10. Watch all 3 Lord of the Ring movies in one day, and really feel more confident in my driving stick shift abilities!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

So you can totally count me in for the pedicure and the Lord of the Rings Marathon. I have the extended editions if you really want to make it long! Love you Tawna!

Kim said...

Those are great goals. It makes training for a marathon so much easier knowing I am not alone in my quest this year. Keep up the good work. I really missed seeing you this Christmas.