Thursday, May 7, 2009

Chicago!


A few of my favorite things about Chicago:

Eating at Ed Debevic's where the workers were super mean to you, but in a funny way. I couldn't help but laugh at all of them!
Eating Chicago style pizza! This restaurant was fun, you could write all over everything there..you can kind of tell behind us (Look how cute Tonya is pregnant!)

This is what I wrote on the seat at the restaurant. I did it with a crayon. It says, "Tawna was here." You can't tell, but someone had written Fart Zone by it, thought that was kind of funny!

Enjoying the YUMMY pizza. The crust was so thick, I could have died and gone to heaven!

Outside the Shedd Aquarium. Chicago is beautiful with Lake Michigan and the tall buildings by the Lake. I couldn't get enough of the scenery and the buildings!!

A Spider Crab at the Shedd Aquarium. My favorite thing was the Sea Dragon but I couldn't get a good picture with my camera. There were lots of fun creatures at the Aquarium, including an anaconda snake, sharks, and lots of different types of frogs and fish. We loved looking at all the different facial expressions on the fish, so cute!


This is a fun little water area at Millennium Park. You can't tell, but water squirts out of the mouth of the person shown. There are actually 2 of them, and the faces change. It would be so fun to play there in the summer!

Love downtown Chicago!

The bean at Millennium Park. Isn't the reflection of the buildings awesome?!

Buckingham fountain. I guess it's on a lot of movies. So big and beautiful!


The waiters/waitresses at Ed Debevic's would dance every hour, it was hysterical. This is a clip. My waiter was the one with glasses.

I was able to do a session at the Chicago temple. It was so beautiful and peaceful and I was able to reflect on a lot. The temple is my favorite place in the whole world!

My good friend here in Colorado, Brett, is going to Chicago in a couple of weeks. So while I was there, I hid a dollar with a message on it so he would know it was from me. This picture is the spot I hid it in. Can you guess where I'm at?

I loved my time in Chicago and all that I got to see, especially spending time with Jared and Tonya. Thanks guys, for showing me a fun time in a fun city! Can't wait to go back to the Windy City (and Wrigley Field!!)

4 comments:

Tabbi said...

I love that you hid a dollar bill, that's a fun idea! I've always wanted to see that bean, but didn't know about it when I was there years ago. I'm glad you had fun!!

Justin and Melissa said...

Tawna, don't judge but I saw Tabbi's blog on Allegra's and thought I know her and wanted to see if she had a link to you so that I could say hi so I blog hopped a bit. Anyways, I wanted to say hi if you still remember me.

Justin and Melissa said...

Hey it is gleaker@gmail.com Of course I remember Hil, what are you all doing in Denver? Do you kieep in touch with Hannah and Gayle? Did you hear Emily just got married? Lots has happened I guess. Definitely drop me an email and tell me whats going on. Tell Hillary hello for me. Does she have a page?

Kristy said...

I am jealous! We haven't been anywhere in such a long time! Hope to see you soon!

Brady, Kristy, Hud & Tate