Saturday, August 16, 2008

California Dreamin'

I had the chance to go to California with my good friend/former McKinley co-worker, Jackie, before I moved to Colorado. We found cheaper plane tickets, got a cheaper rental car from my insurance, and stayed with her brother in LA and my friend Brandon in San Diego. We got to see the Hollywood sign, the walk of stars, the Chinese Theatre, Malibu Beach, where we drove right by Matthew McCaughnahay jogging (No Joke, quite hilarious story!), felt the little earthquake on the way to Disneyland that caused Disneyland to close their rides, so we went to Downtown Disney and came out with a huge dent in our bumper that someone hit and run!; went back to Disneyland the next day and went straight for 12 hours, went to Universal Studios, and then drove down to San Diego to stay with Brandon, eat at a yummy restaurant, drive past the port and drive back to make it for our flight. I know this is a quick summary. But it was a lot of fun, besides the car getting hit. Here are a few pics. from the trip.
Update in Colorado: I had a job interview Thursday with a law firm in downtown Denver as a receptionist. They called back yesterday and I have a second interview on Monday with 2 of the lawyers. I'm a little scared but hope all will go well.


I loved the Buzz Lightyear ride! My score sucked compared to Jackie, though!
Posing with Chip and Dale. One of them, I believe it to be Dale, rubbed my back during this photo. Can we say awkward?!
Jackie and I at the Water World show at Universal Studios.
Chinese Theatre is where a bunch of celebrities have put their hands or feet prints and signed their names. My favorite one was Shirley Temples. It says" Love to You All". I love Shirley Temple. I also loved the Harry Potter one!
Posing with my friend Brandon at the yummy restaurant in San Diego. Isn't he so cute?! I love him!

4 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Glad you had a great time! Loved seeing the photos of your trip! Live up the life while you can!!!

Kelsy and Brad said...

looks like you guys had a great time. I'm SO SAD i couldn't go:( good luck on your interview! i miss you!

Brooke said...

Good Luck with the job interview! Look slike you had a blast on your trip!

Sunshine Designed said...

So how did the interview go today- call me, let's chat