Monday, May 7, 2012

And So Are The Days of My LIfe...

Oh.My.Word.  I don't think I have felt this exhausted since....I don't know!  Today I really felt the effects of 21 first graders ready for summer.  It took every ounce of my energy to keep them learning, focused, and able to finish their work.  If the next 17 days are going to be as tiring as they were today, I might drop dead of exhaustion by May 31.  How do you mothers do it nonstop?!  Kudos to you!  I absolutely love my job, but not on days like today!

Immediately after school, I had to hurry back over to Logan to start my new summer class.  It's a research class, one that I have been dreading because the word research makes me want to go into hibernation mode and not come out of my cave.  But I need the learning and I'm grateful that I am able to continue to go to school and become better in all areas of my life. (And it helps me to keep going by reminding myself I will be done in December!)

The best thing happened this past weekend that made me so happy.  My brother Mick and his wife Jen had their fourth baby girl!  Since they had 3 girls already, they decided to keep this one a surprise.  I had a dream last week it was going to be a boy, but I dreamed wrong!  She is beautiful and the second I saw her I fell in love.  I'm a proud aunt for the 11th time, and I love every single one of them!   Yay for life!

No comments: