Sunday, April 22, 2012

30 Reasons Why I'm Proud To Be Me-#6

If my most basic needs are met, I am the happiest person to be around. I need to have sleep, food, and to not be cold in order to be happy. If any of these are lacking, than the bratty Tawna comes out. But how simple it is to fix that brattiness by feeding me, giving me time to sleep, or giving me a blanket. I guess in that way I am very childlike. So simple, yet so important! So next time you see me, if I'm not my usual chipper self, provide me with a blanket, a Jimmy Johns sandwich (and blue coconut diet coke), and a place to sleep and just like that, I will be back to normal! ;)

3 comments:

Kelsy and Brad said...

That's so funny! My mom and I have a running joke that when we're in a bad mood all we need is a Coke and some Cheetos to cheer us up! Isn't it great to be able to get into a good mood so easily?!?! ;)

Ellen said...

Sounds just about right! I'm also the same way...I can get reeeeeally crabby without food and sleep.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

They taught us a slogan in MOPS (mothers of pre-schoolers) a few years ago, and it was this: if you're child is ever not his usual self think HALT to calm them down. H is for hungry, A is for angry (i think), L is for lonely, and T is for tired. Stop and help them with any (or all) of these four things, and they're back to their usual selves. You are right on with your statements! It's awesome that you're so aware of your own needs and that you know the solution is usually easy to take care of the problem! Kudos!