Tuesday, March 13, 2012

30 Reasons Why I'm Proud To Be Me-#3

Today's proud thought is going to be short, sweet and simple, as this 30 year old, first grade teacher is completely exhausted! Daylight Savings in the Spring always kicks me down in the tired department, it takes me months to get used to it!!

I have been thinking lately about happiness. I have been told by several people throughout my life that I am the happiest person that they know. I've been told that quite a few time recently, in fact. And every time someone says it, I ponder about why they think that about me. I've come to the conclusion that I don't base my happiness on anyone else or on anyone thing. Of course, being around certain people makes me MORE happy, and getting certain things (for example, a Sonic blue coconut diet coke) definitely makes me happy, but I already have my happiness in place. It's a choice, people. I choose to be happy, regardless of what happens in my life, for better or for worse. I know that no matter what, I will be okay, and I will always have people that love me even if I make choices that they don't agree with. At the end of each day, I know I've given it my all, I've thought about others, I've worked hard, and that makes me happy. I will continue to make that choice. I love that I don't depend on someone else for my complete happiness. I love who I am, and the beautiful qualities that God gave me, and that makes me proud to be 30 and me!

No comments: