Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Best Vacation of My Life So Far, Day 2



Day 2 of the trip consisted of sleeping in, taking a taxi to the ship (and can I just say I was shocked by how big the cruise ship was?! I've never seen one up close and personal...took me a bit to get used to the sheer size of it!), and checking in to the ship, which was a lot like checking in for a flight at the airport-lots of lines, and security, and more lines. Once we checked in, Bryce and I immediately went to check out our room. It was small, but cozy. The ship wasn't taking off for a few hours, so went to get food and then he took me on a tour of the cruise line. He had gone with Holland America before, so was familiar with the set up. I was very confused and very overwhelmed by where things were, the ship was literally its own city, and it took me a few days to figure out where things were! That night, we had our first dinner in the dining hall, and I instantly loved our waiters. So cute! Chad and Becky went on the cruise to celebrate their anniversary, so the workers sang to them and gave them a cake. We wanted to go to the show that was playing that night on the ship, but dinner took too long, so we ended up just walking around some more on the ship, and then got a movie from the ship movie store...you could rent any of the ones they had for free-we took full advantage of that! It was a very relaxing, fun day boarding the ship!

The vanity where I got ready every day. So small!

Our room! It was tiny, but comfy!

The very small bathroom!

Bryce and I on the first dinner in the dining room

Chad and Becky after being sung to for their anniversary

Aren't they so cute?!

No comments: