Monday, August 29, 2011

Best Vacation Of My Life So Far, Day 1

I went on an amazing Alaskan cruise this summer, and wanted to share my experiences and pictures with you! I'll share each day from my 9 day trip, one day at a time. Today's post will be on the first day of the trip.

We (we being me, my close friend Bryce, his brother Chad, and Chad's wife Becky) flew out from Salt Lake super early and got in to Seattle around 8:30 AM. We wanted to see if our hotel room would possibly be ready, and were going to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel when we were approached by a limo driver. The very top item on my bucket list has been to ride in a limo because I never have before (I almost did when I was in 4th grade...but that's a story for another day). I assumed it would have been too expensive, so I just kind of laughed it off. But Bryce knew I wanted to ride in a limo someday (I had actually shared a few things from my bucket list with him just days prior to this) and it turned out not to cost a lot with all 4 of us, so we went for it. I was as giddy as a schoolgirl during the whole 15 minute ride, I couldn't stop smiling and giggling! Perfect start for a perfect vacation, I say!

Our hotel ended up being ready and it was such a nice hotel room, I wish I had taken pictures of it! Bryce and I ended up taking a nap since we had to get up so early that morning for the plane ride. After the best nap ever, we went with Chad and Becky to get a pulled pork sandwich because Chad loves them and saw on a food show that this certain place in Seattle is 2nd best in the country. Super yummy!

We decided to do some shopping, which included a walk through of Crate and Barrel where I found my dream bed and chair...someday when I'm super rich, right?!

That night we went to a Mariner baseball game, where they played the Red Sox. We had amazing seats, and it was so much fun! I'm a huge fan of MLB games, especially watching them in person. I decided to cheer for the Mariners since I'm not a big Red Sox fan. I always pick a favorite player when I'm watching live games, and this time I chose number 21. SOO cute!

To Be Continued with Day 2...boarding the ship! Excited, right? That's what I thought!

Enjoying the game!

Awesome seats, right behind the Mariner dugout!

21...the future Mr. Perkins (or I can be the future Mrs. Gutierrez, either works for me!)

This picture was taken on my phone, so super crappy quality, but here's the limo ride! So happy!

1 comment:

Queen of Kings said...

I LOVE SEATTLE!!! Safeco field is Awesome! I want to hear about the rest of this vacation LOVE that you went in a Limo to your hotel that is riding in style sister! I will patiently wait for the rest of your great trip... I know how busy you are with all those 1st graders :) Tasian LOVES you BTW :) I was so excited he has you! Hope things are so good for you! You're ADORABLE!