Monday, October 25, 2010

Denver, How I Love Thee

If you are a follower of my blog (or if you just know me as a person), you know that I spent a year in Denver, Colorado for a sabbatical from teaching. I haven't gone back to visit for about 9 months, so I was MORE than ready to visit last weekend. When my plane landed, I felt like I was "home" again. My excuse for going, besides just for fun? Jessica, my former roommate, and person that moved to Denver with me from Utah, got married! I had a glorious weekend of visiting friends and former coworkers, eating yummy Colorado food, seeing Jessica get married in the Denver temple to a Canadian (so therefore, I enjoyed being around Mac's Canadian family and friends with their cute accents), shopping, hitting up a haunted house and corn maze, and making new friends! Can't wait until my next trip back!

Right after I flew in to Denver, my old roommate and friend Hilary picked me up and we headed straight to Red Robin to eat with friends. John Henry Parker, one of my favorite people of all time, manages the Red Robin that we went to and he brought me a HUGE serving of the campfire sauce to dip in my fries. He knows how much I love that stuff! (I put a dime next to the container to show the size of it. Yummy!)


My good friend Brett and I were talking about how we hadn't yet got Jessica and Mac a wedding present, so we thought we would be funny to take pictures together and frame them to give as our gift. You betcha, that's really what we gave them! Below are just a few of the hysterical ones that we took..





My good friend Sara and I after the temple session, waiting for Jessica and Mac to come out for pictures.

John Henry Parker, up close and personal.

The cute couple!


Hilary and I. Notice the height difference. We are known as Talls and Smalls...

I love this girl!!

One of my favorite temples of all time. This temple got me through a lot the year I was there!

After the wedding, we were starving so we got brunch at the Original Pancake House. I have been to the one in Salt Lake a few times, but I FINALLY ordered something that I will order forever from there. The Pecan Banana crepes are to die for! Notice my side of bacon and the original potatoes. Yep, I really was that hungry!

I met a few new friends in Denver, this girl was my fave. Her name is Debbie, she's good friends with Hilary. She hung out with us the whole weekend. I haven't laughed that hard with someone for a long time! I love meeting new people who are fun, easy going, funny, and a charm to be around.

2 comments:

Life's a Rodeo said...

I love your Funny wedding gift!

Shannon said...

Looks super fun and you are so dang cute!