Monday, October 4, 2010

For Now

I have decided to deactivate my Facebook account...for now anyway. I need more time to get back to myself...the other day I was reading an AMAZING book my roommate let me borrow called The Gift by Hafiz, the Great Sufi Master. I had just had a great discussion with her about how I've been feeling so out of balance with myself, lost and unsure of so much with myself. I turned to a page in the book, and he says "...to give myself, to myself." It hit me so hard that that is what I need to do. I am so good at giving freely to others, to always lend a helping hand to those I love, to those in need. My job is one where I sacrifice so much of myself, my time and my efforts. I love my job so much, I can't imagine having any other job (in fact, I went into school Saturday to work for a bit, and while I was working, I had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude because I'm doing what I love to do most. How lucky and blessed that makes me!) But I come home drained and tired a lot. I'm not giving enough of myself TO myself. So that is what I'm going to work on for now. Get back to me, get back to who I am, figure out what I love and desire and follow the dreams in my heart. I'm sure eventually I'll get back on Facebook, it was a great communication tool for so many people in my life. But until then, if you need to get a hold of me, hopefully you know how! :)

I read NieNie's blog, and I noticed she' s been starting to add something lovely and something horrible about the days she writes, so I'm going to start doing that on the days that I blog:

Lovely: I had a great talk today with one of my closest friends, Curtis (who I lovingly refer to as Bob. I met Bob when I worked for 2 summers as a camp counselor. He was a fellow counselor and his camp name was Bob, so that is he who is to me!)

Horrible: I stayed WAY too late at work and came home and did some more work, so I wasn't able to finish the book Mockingjay tonight like I was hoping to! I can't get enough of the Hunger Games series, I highly recommend all 3 books to everyone and anyone that loves to read! (I'm dying to know...Peeta or Gale?! But don't you dare spoil it for me!)

I discovered this song a few weeks ago, and it brings so much joy to my soul. I love every word, it's how I want to be again, getting back to myself! Enjoy!



2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Good for you! We love you and appreciate all you do for our little family! Would you like to attempt the First Dam run with me? First Sat in Nov. At this rate, I may be walking- but, I'M DOING IT! or else. Your book sounds fabulous.

Megan said...

I will miss your facebook updates but I'm glad I have your blog so you better update it a lot now! I'm glad you are focusing on yourself. I am in the same boat lately and you are giving me inspiration to get motivated to make those changes that I need to! You're such a great example! :)