Friday, May 14, 2010

Cali 2010, Day 2

Day two of my adventures in Cal-i-for-nye-a were spent in Santa Monica. We slept in, headed for the beach, and then spent the rest of the day on the Pier and doing lots of shopping at the outdoor mall there. I was introduced to a yummy frozen yogurt place called Pinkberry. Their fruit was to die for. I literally could have eaten that fruit all day and been totally satisfied (in fact, we all went to Pinkberry again the day before we left, we all loved it so much.) We ate at a yummy Italian restaurant that night, and then headed back late to our hotel! Again, I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Just before heading to the beach!

Pacific Ocean, baby! It was so nice to just lay out by the water. It was a bit windy, but sunny so it was perfect!


An attractive police man took the photo of the 4 of us with the ocean in the background.

And the attractive police man took it with Santa Monica in the background ;)

The Pier

There were rides and lots of shops and restaurants by the beach. So fun!

Monica and I were introduced to a few crazies while shopping at the outdoor mall...

This was my favorite crazy. She wore a ribbon around her, like she was in a pageant, that said "Jesus is God." She had her megaphone and stood by us for a good 20 minutes while we sat and waited for the other girls, preaching to us about how we must believe in Jesus Christ or we will go to hell. She was being a missionary in her own way, I respect that...but I love Jesus in my own way as well!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love Santa Monica! Don't you wish you could live there?

Jackie said...

That sunshine looks heavenly!

Shannon said...

I forgot about your crazy megaphone lady :)