Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Update

I just wanted you all to know how much I'm enjoying teaching first grade. It's been a fun, tough, stressful, enjoyable and exhausting transition from teaching older grades. They are so cute and say the funniest things! I'm grateful to be teaching again, and for the joy my students bring into my life. I'm learning a lot about how to teach reading and about this age group! What a fun and trying year that lies ahead for me. I'm excited for the challenges and growth that will take place not only in my students, but for me as their teacher as well!

Also, I had my surgery yesterday. Same surgery I had 15 months ago, dang butt of mine! I had cysts on the end of my tailbone. It runs in my family-my dad and all of my older siblings have had the exact same procedure done. You just wait Tabbi and Trina, you're next! The surgery seems to be going easier for me the second time around. I'm having an easier time getting out of bed, and although I'm exhausted, I'm still able to do other things. I think it's because this time around I have a lot of other things to worry about (my students!) that keep me going. I just wanted to thank all of you that have kept me in your thoughts and prayers, as this is not an easy procedure to deal with, especially at this stressful time in my life with my career and the transition to moving back. It meant the world to me yesterday and warmed my heart to see so many of you call me, text me, email me, or leave me messages on Facebook. I feel like I have the best family and friends that a girl could ever ask for! This is just the beginning of a hard few months of recovery for me, but I know I can make it through and REFUSE to have to do this surgery again if I just can stay on top of it! But thank you again! And a huge thanks to my mom for taking care of me. It's not going to be easy for her to have to change my packing, seriously so painful for me but I know it's more painful for her because she's the one inflicting the pain! So thank you mom for putting up with me!