Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Last Week in Colorado

So I'm still catching up on my Colorado blogs...My last week in Colorado consisted of saying goodbye to my job and fellow coworkers, packing up all my stuff, trying to figure out how I was going to get it all to Utah, cleaning, and having some last minute fun! My good friend, Curtis (AKA Bob), whom I have known for 5 years since we worked at a summer camp together, flew out Saturday morning, spent the day having fun with my roommates and I, and then drove back with me on Sunday. We went to Look Out Mountain where you can see all of the Denver area (beautiful!) and is also home to Buffalo Bill's grave. We then went downtown to the 16th Street Mall, ate at Paramount Cafe (yummage!) and walked around for a bit. Then we headed to the Rockies game. It was humid in Colorado that day, so my hair wasn't too happy with me. So I decided to get myself a hat to cover it all up. There was a sports store by Coors Field that was going out of business so everything was 50 percent off. I came out of the store with a new Cubs hat AND a Derrek Lee Cubs jersey. I know! The game was pretty fun. We had seats up high, but Coors Field is fun to be in, no matter where you're sitting. I think Bob enjoyed his first Major League Baseball game. After, we had some friends over to play games. I made some really good friends in Colorado, it was hard saying goodbye to all of them. A week before, my roommates and I planned a huge dinner and invited over 20 people to come, as a going away party for myself. Someone came up with the idea to go around the circle and tell their favorite Tawna story/memory. I was touched by what people remembered about me, and the experiences I had shared with them. What a great way to end my whole adventure!

The roommates (minus Hil) at Look Out Mountain

This was left for me outside my door. Made my day!

I'm a HUGE fan of Red Robin fries and the campfire sauce. My good friend John works at Red Robin so we went to lunch their the Friday before I left and he brought me this large container of Campfire Sauce. Perfecto!

Bob and I at the Rockies game (We were there early, hence the empty seats. It filled up pretty quick!)

You can't go to a baseball game and not eat a hot dog!

I love to prove to people that I can carry them on my back, regardless of height. John is my victim this time!

John, Ellen, Jessica and I close to the field. It was meet the Rockies player day at the park so lots of people were on the field.

Showing off my new attire. Jessica just likes to pose with me for some reason.

Bob and I at the Buffalo Bill Museum by Look Out Mountain

I'm sure missing those Colorado clouds! It rained off and on that night, but it was so beautiful to watch the Sunset while at the baseball game.

2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Bob is cute! What a great friend to help you move home and drive with you! I love the Colorado clouds in all your pics too! They seem lovely!!! I loved what was written on your door step. That was awesome!

Ellen said...

So this post just reminded me of all the "Tawna-isms" I've starting saying since living with you. They slip out on occassion and I just smile to myself and miss you! Can't wait to see you again, oh so soon.