Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Build A Bear Dream




Once upon a time, there was a 27 year old girl, we'll just call her Tawna, who decided to make a list of 27 things she wanted to do before she turned 28. On that list, she put on item number 18, Build A Bear, because after all, Tawna was a child at heart! So she ventured to Littleton, Colorado, along with her friend Sara, to fulfill this wish. Picking the bear was easy, she really wanted one with soft fur to cuddle with. Next came the stuffing. Not too much, not too little, just right (just like in the book, Goldilocks and the Three Bears). She then was able to give the bear a bath. The hardest part came next, deciding if she wanted the bear to be a boy or a girl and what to clothe him/her in. They didn't have any Chicago Cubs baseball attire at this particular place (after all, Tawna is a huge Cubs fan), so she decided to go with making the bear a girl, and wanted to make her adorable with skinny jeans, a cute red top and the most adorable red shoes she had ever laid eyes on. Tawna is also a fan of hair accessories, particularly headbands, but the headband just didn't look right on her bear, so she went with hairbows instead. The last part, naming her bear, was also a particularly difficult task. Tawna recently had dinner at a friend's house, who had a dog by the name of Henley. Tawna LOVED that name the second she heard it, and decided to name her bear Henley. She came out of her venture with a lovely new bear, and a wish fulfilled! Here's to crossing off number 18 on the list!!

Henley and her new friend Bruce (all dressed in Batman!) Notice her precious shoes?! I wanted a pair in my size!

Sara with Bruce, me with Henley

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I love build-a-bear. And are you sure they didn't have those shoes in your size? You should ask because you have the cutest smallest feet I have ever seen. :)

Sunshine Designed said...

The girls would go crazy with Henley. BTW- that is a fabulous name!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

For Cute!!!

BreAnne said...

Build a Bear is so much fun. I made a bear shortly after Cody deployed. I took my niece with me and we had a great time. I ended up naming my bear Cody and I need to get a new outfit. So maybe when you get back we can find one around here and go have a girls day!

Kim said...

What a cute idea. Lexi is saving all her money to go to build a bear. It is really a fun place.