Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mt. Rushie Part 2

Last weekend I went with a group of friends to see Mt. Rushmore. You don't have to ask me twice to see George Washington! Yes, I did just go a few months ago, but again, if you ask me to go, I go. The second time around I was able to do the audio tour (no one else wanted to do it so I enjoyed my time alone, walking along the path listening to different facts), and was also able to see it at night, both things I wanted to do last time but wasn't able to do. After spending some time at Mt. Rushmore, we went to our hotel, which was a suite with 3 queen beds, I must add! Our hotel was by a Golden Corral so someone came up with the "brilliant" idea to eat there. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of food, and I love their rolls. But if you really stop and think about it, buffets are a little gross. And this was no regular Golden Corral. I think the whole town of Rapid City decided to go to Golden Corral that night, I have never seen so many people in one restaurant. After eating, we went miniature golfing. It's been years since I have done this, and I remembered why. I suck at golfing, I have absolutely no patience for it, so I always end up just whacking the ball as hard as I can, hoping to not hit anybody. It was a bit windy when we finished, and our hotel just so happened to also be by a Wally World, so a big and little kite were purchased. I haven't flown a kite since I was little, I loved it! It's magical :) We flew it around the parking lot of our hotel and then decided to drive it around the parking lot. It was a fun quick roadie, I've definitely had my fill of Georgie!

Rick taking a swing..

This is cool..there's a little cave on the path and when you look up, there's George!


The girls: me, Sara, Becca, Jessica, Hilary

Isn't this an awesome photo?!

I had no idea Rick took this picture of me, I'm not sure what to think of it, me in
my mom sweater!

Looking at my historical crush, George. I would name my son after him, I love him that much. But George??

George, Thomas, Teddy, and Honest Abe looking out over the Black Hills.

Group photo of the roadies: Me, Brett, Sara, Becca, Rick, Jessica, and Hil
Do you notice something missing from this picture? Let's just say I wasn't happy with the lady who took our picture..

2 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Totally Rockin Awesome photos! What a fun road trip x2!!!

Sunshine Designed said...

Love the jumping pic!