Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Iron Chef Competition






First of all, I just want you all to know how much I love my new Mac Book Aluminum laptop. It was one of the best purchases that I have made for myself, besides my car, Cord and my queen size bed. So fast, so fun!!

This entry is a month late, but hey, it's here at least. And even better, it's done from my new computer! So last month my ward did an Iron Chef competition, where we split up into small groups, were given a $15 dollar Kings Sooper grocery card, and one hour to choose a food item to make, and make it! We would be graded on the taste of the food and/or presentation. A guy in my group had the BRILLIANT idea of making won tons. We split up in the store, bought the food and were on our way. Now, the thing was, there were 7 in our group, compared to only 5 in the other groups. Which you are probably thinking that's a good thing right? Well, not for me. I was at a loss for what to do. My hair was out of control that day, I needed, not kidding you, just 1 minute to pull it up. I come out of the bathroom and they each are on their way to making the yummy food, me left with not much to do but pretend to help, so I decided to be the photographer. We came up with one intelligent idea after another for presentation, and totally won in that area! (Secretly, I think we won on taste as well). It was a fun night with good food, good friends, and I even snuck in some rock band playing on the wii while everyone else worked :)

Everyone working hard, I snuck in for a photo, pretending I'm helping :)

Putting the won tons together

Look at our awesome presentation! Hey, I made the flags and thought to bring the chopsticks. I personally believe we wouldn't have won without those nice touches!


Stephanie with the chopsticks in the hair.

Our group proudly showing off our trophies with the judges.


Jessica and I were so excited we had to pose with the awards!

After, we decided to go to Red Robin. I was craving a serious hamburger. I wanted to show off our award, but our waiter wasn't too impressed with it. Rude!!

Just wanted to prove to people that don't believe the fact that I absolutely love and adore lemon rinds. Davey's face in the background is an added hysterical part to this photo...

1 comment:

StephieMae said...

Oh girl! I miss you way too much that it is silly to try and even express it in writing! I heart you let's get together soon and I mean SOON!! Loves*