Friday, January 9, 2009

A Unique and Memorable Christmas

I was excited to fly back to Utah for Christmas, even though I had only been home the weekend before for Meggan's graduation. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. Not even the day of Christmas but the month or so leading up to it. I love the music, I love the spirit of it, I love giving to people that I love most. But I did want to be home the day of it. I decided this year that I would spend Christmas Eve night with my brother, sister-in-law and nieces in Logan so that I could wake up Christmas morning with my nieces. Because Christmas with children makes it all the more special. I woke up to the sound of the girls excitement. Man they were spoiled! Aspen was able to get an iPod, a barbie that she wanted, and things I could only dream of owning now! Libby rocked out in a new Hannah Montana outfit and guitar, and Abbie got the cutest car seat I have ever seen. But the best part that Santa brought their whole family was the Wii. We played that sucker all day! Well, this is what made Christmas unique this year-not being at my home home for it. My parents were supposed to drive over from Tremonton Christmas morning to have breakfast with us, and then bring my sister Katrina and I back over there, along with my brother Cody and his wife BreAnne. But supposedly their was a "huge" storm in Tremonton and they couldn't make it over. My mom even said that my dad had been out to shovel a few times. It was hardly snowing in Logan so we all thought my parents were being weird, that they wanted to be alone, etc. The whole day we joked about it. My sister-in-law Jen, sister Katrina and I started to get ancy and decided we wanted to hit up a movie that night. We walk outside into a blizzard! Katrina said, "This must have been the storm mom was talking about." We got a good laugh out of that. Well, we knew Mick would freak out about us driving in the weather to the movie, so we ran to the car and left in a flash. Jen did an awesome job driving in the snow, her dad taught her well. Again, saw a great movie that made me cry! The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I loved all the people he met along the way in his life, what they each taught him, how different they all were and that it was okay to be different.

My dad finally came and got us the next morning and we opened Christmas presents the day after Christmas. I actually wasn't expecting anything because my parents paid for my trip home. But I was spoiled with money, very needed items (razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, face wash, you know all the things you have to buy but hate to), and other fun things. It was a lot of fun spending Christmas day with my nieces, and being home for a few days. I really appreciate my family a lot more since I have moved away from them. It's more meaningful to me now when I see them.

I love this picture of Libby. They were decorating cookies for Santa to eat, and I kept saying, "Smile for me girls!" and Libby was like, "I am smiling!" It cracks me up because she is smiling, just couldn't look up from her important task. I love that girl so much!!!

Hannah Montana, is that you?! The guitar plays her songs and Libby was singing and dancing to it all day. I should have got a video of it!

My brothers figuring out the Wii. I love how Abbie wants to take part in the game too.

This picture is my favorite. Each of the girls has a part of me in this photo. Aspen has the cell phone and is talking while playing the Wii. She loves the cell phone, just like me and she's a multi-tasker :) Abbie is sucking her thumb, something I was known to do in my younger years. And Libby poses like me. Her head thrown back with a genuine smile on her face.

Look at Abbie's big blue beautiful eyes! And my beautiful sister Katrina who turned 16 while I was home. Kat, I can't believe you are 16. I remember you being as little as Abbie here. I sure do love you so much!!

No comments: