Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sight Seeing the Denver Area


My roommates and I decided to take a Saturday and find different sights in the Denver area. First stop: The house my family lived in Lakewood where I called home the first two years of my life. My first memory that I can recall is saying goodbye to that house, I just remember the stairs by the kitchen. It looks different than what my mom described it as, but the same! I hope this brings back memories to you, Mick, Cody and Kala! (my siblings) Next, we decided to find the Real World house from when it was filmed in Denver. If you know me, I was a Real World Junkie, I watched every season. The house has now turned into a restaurant, it would be awesome to eat their sometime! We then decided to find the Columbine High School Memorial. I saw the high school when I came out last March to visit Brady and Kristy. It's always surreal to see it, and recall the images I saw on TV about it. The memorial was amazing. We went at the perfect time, when the sun was about to set (PS, I think Colorado has the prettiest sunsets I have ever seen). I was very touched by what was said about each of the people who lost their lives that day, one girls in particular. There was also a wall of quotes that I loved as well. Our next stop was visiting the LDS Denver Temple, Hilary hadn't seen it yet. It's so beautiful all lit up at night. And last, but not least, we went to the Castle Rock Outlets and did some shopping. I love it here, there's always so much to do and see!
The house in Lakewood

The Real World Denver house.

The new Columbine High School library

A quote from the quote wall at the Columbine Memorial that I loved.

This girl's memorial touched me the most. It was excerpts from her journal. I love how she said, "For, in the end all there is, is love." So true, so true.

If you look closely, that is Jessica standing on top of the mountain overlooking the memorial. How beautiful is that sunset?!

The LDS Denver temple. Beautiful inside and out. Nothing beats the temple.

1 comment:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Wow, that house doesn't even look familiar to me! I mostly just remember the backyard and the walk to the school down the street. Wasn't it a corner house?
That Real World house looks really cool!
What an awesome day spent sight-seeing some different sights.