Saturday, February 25, 2012

Guess Who's 30? This girl!

Last weekend, I hit a new landmark in my life...I turned 30! And I spent it at the happiest place on Earth, Disneyland, with my most favorite person on Earth, Bryce! He took all the pictures, so I will have to post them when he sends them my way. But let me tell you, I had SO much fun! It was the perfect vacation. We stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel, so we could walk to and from our hotel to Disneyland and California Adventure each day. I got to go on all my favorite rides, some I went on 2-3 times! My favorites include: Soarin' Over California, Peter Pan, Finding Nemo (I've wanted to go on this ride for a few years now, but we've never attempted because of the long line. But since it was my birthday, Bryce was okay with waiting in line for me, and I LOVED the ride!), Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Midway Mania Toystory ride. I got to eat all my favorite Disneyland foods-clam chowder, corndogs, churros, and even ate at the Blue Bayou restaurant for the first time on my birthday. This restaurant is visible from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. In the words of Bryce, "the ambiance was amazing!" and the food was even better! Even after eating all that yummy food, I still managed to come home and lose a pound. Probably from all the walking around we did. I did get in one morning of the gym. My goal was two, but hey, it was a vacation AND my birthday weekend, so I don't feel guilty! I was able to sleep in, take a few naps, do some shopping, and just get away from my job, grad school and normal everyday life!
Bryce spoiled me on my birthday, and I was grateful to spend a lot of quality time with him. He sure knows how to make me laugh and forget about the stresses of life! And the Glover family knows how to do Disneyland, I highly suggest taking one of them along with you the next time you go to Disneyland. You never have to worry about what to do or where to go because they know the ins and outs!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Congratulations! Being in your 30's is great! I turned 30 while we were living in Mexico. At first I wanted to freak out, but not for long because I realized that I FEEL so young, and I AM young! I think you are amazing for everything you are juggling in your life! Way to go on losing the weight, I am on the same quest and it feels so good--YOU ROCK!

Queen of Kings said...

WOOO HOOO what a great way to ring in 30! Tasian said to me last week "Hey Aunt Janet my teacher Miss Perkins is in Disney Land for her Birthday" ha ha I said I know I bet she is having so much fun! He just loves you! I am so glad you are his teacher you are DARLING! So glad you had a great birthday and got to ride Peter Pan! Here is to another great 30 years :) HAPPEE BIRTHDAY!

Kristin said...

You know how much I love you!? Let's just say a lot. I'm so glad you had such a fabulous birthday but I must admit that I was a teensy bit jealous reading this post. I've been to Disneyland before but never a huge vacation like that. Sounds like a whole lotta fun!