Thursday, April 22, 2010

Today

Today is a good day. I've been blessed to have a day of rest, listening to the beautiful rain pour outside, listening to Brandi Carlile's new CD, Give Up the Ghost (THANK YOU JEN!!!), looking through my pictures on iPhoto, helping me to reminiscence on the most important people and events that have happened in my life.

Yesterday was the fourth surgery, yes that's right, the fourth surgery I've had on my lovely tush. I'm hoping and praying, along with all those that love me, that this will be it for the sake of my bum and my sanity and my mom's sanity. As fun as it is to be doped up and crazy on meds, I would like to have my bum back again, to do the activities I love to do most: sit and watch movies at the theater, run outside, teach my precious first graders, jump on the trampoline with my nieces and nephews, sit on the piano bench and play to my heart's delight.

But for today, it's been a good day to have my music, my pictures, my thoughts, the rain.

Here's a few random photos I wanted to share:
My girls..Shay, Megg and Lace. We missed you Gail! These girls are my sisters for life. We've been friends forever, and will continue to be friends forever.

I found this at grandpa's, it was taken on my 4th birthday with the purple outfit they gave me. My grandma always remembered that purple was and still is my favorite color. She was a gem at remembering stuff like that!

Pointing to the mustard I spilled on my shirt after eating a hot dog at a Denver Nugget's basketball game. This pic. made me laugh at myself-I'm good at that-spilling on myself, and laughing at myself!

2 comments:

StephieMae said...

aww I love you pretty girl! Wish I could see you this trip but alas it will have to wait! Get better soon

Jackie said...

I can't believe how many surgeries you've had to have. Are you sure the doctor isn't just trying to milk you for every dime you have? :)

Get feeling better. {{hugs}}