Thursday, April 22, 2010

Visit to Pa's

For part of my Spring Break this year, my sister Tabbi, my cousin Liz and I decided to take a road trip to Spokane, Washington to visit Grandpa Perkins. Since grandma passed away, we have wanted to visit him. And what a trip it was! We were able to have some great chats with Pa, go through my grandma's jewelry and clothing (she has some AWESOME 80's clothing, and we were able to put on a fashion show for my grandpa. Funnest night I've had in a long time!), go through old photographs, shop at the sweetest toy store, White Elephant, and eat at Dicks, they have yummy hamburgers! It was a fun, quick, emotional trip and I'm so grateful I was able to go. I'm very proud of my heritage, of belonging to such an amazing family. I miss my grandma, I think of her daily, but I'm so thankful for what she taught me, and what she has left behind for us. I'm a better woman today because of her! I love my grandpa as well and I'm also grateful he's still here to keep creating memories for me!

I'll let the pictures do the talking for the trip:
Road Trippin' it!

We stopped for a bathroom break and they had this awesome statue so of course we had to pose by it!

My grandparents living room. When I first walked in, I wanted my grandma to be sitting in her blue chair, talking and laughing with us. :(

I love this wall of photos in my grandparents' bedroom. My dad, my Aunt Candi, and my Uncle Fred. I LOVE the picture of my grandparents in the gold frame. DIBS!

Dicks..yummy! Or in the famous words of my grandpa, "You love Dicks."

Grandpa told us so many great stories about growing up, his family, war stories, etc.

We had so much fun dressing up in my grandma's clothes!

Notice my Elvis lip!

Grandma, you had the sweetest shoes!! My faves? The hot pink ones!

Tabs was killing me..she had on my grandma's jogger shirt, her mumu. tons of jewelry, her red shoes and her purse. This is my favorite picture, so funny!

Pa taking a turn on the workout machine. So funny!

Going through my grandma's jewelry..man she had a lot of it! Tabbi wanted it all. She kept yelling, "DIBS!" before Liz and I could even see it!

Grandpa brought out a big box of my grandma's lipstick. Sweet shades, huh?!

New favorite lipstick shade!

Funniest moment-my grandpa, at 92, is still driving. He wanted to take us to dinner, and he literally took up 3 parking spaces. So funny!


Inside White Elephant. I grew up loving this toy store. Rows and rows of toys, games, everything!

So excited to be at the White Elephant!


Liz's brother Nathaniel and his wife Nicole live in Missoula, MT. We stayed with them Thursday night, and then they drove to Spokane Saturday to spend time with all of us. That night we went to dinner at Applebee's. I love my family!



Girls, I'm so glad we went on this trip. I had a lot of fun! Love you!

Bye Grandpa! We love you so much!!!

2 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Awesome Possum! Glad you had such a great trip! Memories...like the ones I used to know...sugar-coated memories...of the way we were!

Trina said...

I showed grandpa your blog. I love the second to last picture of Liz, she looks asian.