Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!






Today is Dr. Seuss's birthday, so our school celebrated by having a read a thon. I read a few Dr. Seuss books throughout the day, the favorite being Cat in the Hat. After, the students made their own Cat in the Hat hat's and then got out their pillows, blankets, and Dr. Seuss books and read up a storm! Several students also brought treats for everyone to share. Such a fun, fun day! Thank you Dr. Seuss, for making reading so much fun and teaching valuable lessons to all age groups!


6 comments:

StephieMae said...

Man I wish I couldv'e joined in! I love all of his books! How fun Miss Perkins!! xo

Megan said...

Looks like fun! We should have celebrated with a read-a-thon! I love those days as a teacher :)

Colleen Courtney said...

Awesome! :)

StephieMae said...

And there's a treat for you at my blog! We had dinner with the girls last night for HT'ing and it was sad you weren't here! I miss you!
I'll be in UT in April though!

Life's a Rodeo said...

Oh how fun!!! I wish I was as good as teacher as you are!!!

Afton said...

So, Im pretty sure you are the most amazing teacher ever. Seriously, we need more of you in the school system! Love you Tawna.