Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!

My little sister, Tabbi, spent the last 7+ months in Asia, teaching English in Taiwan, and doing some awesome traveling (that I'm SUPER jealous of!) Chinese New Year was on February 14th this year, and she just moved back to Utah, so I asked her to come in and teach my students about it. It was so fun to see her interact with the kids, they loved her in return and had some pretty funny comments and responses to her questions. They really loved practicing writing and counting to 10 in Chinese, learning about Chinese New Year customs, and the most popular event of all, learning how to use chopsticks! Several of them even took them home that night to eat dinner with them! Thanks Tabbi, for sharing your time and talents with my class. I love you!








1 comment:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

How fun! That's neat that Tabbi came and spoke to the class and did such fun activities!
The twins' kindergarten class made paper lanterns and the first grade made a giant dragon, and they paraded around the school in honor of Chinese New Year!
What a fun holiday!!!