Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Love...

Can I just say that I love the month of February for so many reasons?! First of all, it's the month where I was born, so that gives me a lot to celebrate and be thankful for. But it's also the month after January, the worst month of the year, so it's kind of an awakening for me, and it is the month where we celebrate Love on Valentine's Day. This means PARTAY in elementary school terms. I received the cutest valentine's from my students, along with a lot of chocolate, candy shaped as flowers, AND a Jonas Brothers' poster. What more could make a girl happier?! That's all the love I need, is from children! I can also celebrate loving my family, my friends, and people who are most important to me. I can get kind of cheesy and sentimental, but who doesn't love a good dose of cheese once in a while?!

February is also the month when my favorite president, George Washington, was born. I reflect a lot at this time how amazing our country is, how it was founded, and where it is today. I truly love George, and can't wait until the day comes where I can meet him. I might scream and giggle like a little school girl, but hey, he's not my favorite historical figure for nothing!

And for this year, in the month of the Febs, we get the 2010 Winter Olympics! I absolutely love the Olympics. Watching them since I was a little girl has been a favorite activity of mine. I'm always in awe at the athletes' abilities, and always feel a new sense of motivation to challenge myself physically after watching them. I also feel a sense of pride in being a citizen of the United States of America. I love when someone from the USA wins a medal, and they play the National Anthem at the medal ceremony. Go team USA!

So here's to February, for being a new start, and for bringing us closer to Spring. I'm so done with Winter!!!

4 comments:

Zundel Girls....AND Daddy said...

I adore your new Blog layout Tawn! Sooooo cute! And I agree about February! Mainly to get us closely to Spring, but yeah. LOVE YA!

Kristin said...

I also love, love the Olympics and have ever since I could remember. This year, with being an emotional basketcase right now, I got teary eyed almost every time when a country was presented in the Opening Ceremony. They're faces are pure joy and I love to see that.

Dallon said...

I love those things too Tawna, except for the very last line. Winter rocks! It provides my livelihood and MY chance to teach awesome little people!

StephieMae said...

Pretty much LOVE George...but you knew that! I love your new layout! I love you too!! xo

wish you were home aka co to celebrate your birthday sister!