Friday, October 23, 2009

All is Well

Grandpa (Pa), my Uncle Kieth, and some of my siblings and cousins at my grandma's viewing.

Tabbi, Trina, Kala, Liz and I sang "How Great Thou Art"-my grandma's favorite hymn, and what she always wanted sung at her funeral. We sung it at the graveside service, with Tabbi's friend Jessica accompanying us on the harp.

Most of the cousins together-Nathaniel, Mick, Cody and Kala are missing from this one.

For the first time ever, all 7 siblings of the Perkins' clan posing for a picture: Kala, Cody, Mick, Lisa, me, Tabbi and Trina

It was a beautiful and emotional two days being with family and saying goodbye to my grandma. Many kind and wonderful words were spoken about her, and it makes me very proud that she was my grandma. I want to live up to the heritage that is in my family because of her! More pictures to come later (I have to steal them from my siblings, because I don't take good pictures anymore...)

No comments: