Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Research Proposal=DONE!

I just completed on Sunday the hardest assignment I have been given yet in Grad School.  I had to write a research proposal, as if I was going to present to a board my proposal for my thesis.  You see, at USU, for my major, you can choose 3 plans to get your Masters.  Plan A, a thesis.  Plan B, a project.  Plan C, taking a few extra courses and writing an exit paper and have an exit interview.  This girl right here is NOT about big projects, big papers, etc. etc. so I of course went with Plan C. I had no idea that one of the classes in Plan C would be to write a proposal, as in getting my thesis.  My proposal is done!  And on Monday, my professor told the class, "I knew this class was exceptional, but I've never had a student get their proposal done two weeks before the due date."  He then proceeds to show my work, have me talk about what I liked, what was the hardest part, etc. and then had everyone clap for me!  It was a proud but embarrassing moment for me.

I really am proud of the hard work I put into this proposal.  It came out to be 27 pages and might actually be something I do in my teaching.  I wanted to research more how parents could teach fluency strategies at home because I feel like what I'm doing in school isn't enough for a small group of students who have isolated skills down (phonics patterns, high frequency words, multisllyabic words) but still can't read too fast.  I'm super curious how the results would be.

Anyway, that's what I have been working on since my teaching job got out for the summer.  The class ends next week, so I am looking forward to having a little time off to check things off my teaching goal list, get more reading in, and even some exercise!  Please Bless!

1 comment:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

that is remarkable! so proud of you!