Sunday, January 30, 2011

Disneyland for New Years 2010

I've always wanted to go to Disneyland at Christmastime. My wish FINALLY came true this year! My good friend, Bryce, asked me if I wanted to go to California with him and his family the day after Christmas. Of course I said yes! Bryce's twin brother lives there, and his wife just had a baby, so they were all going out to meet the new member of their family. And of course, hit up Disneyland! The Glovers love Disneyland! (Thanks Bryce, for letting me have all these pictures, since I struggle taking pics with my own camera...)

Disneyland was crowded! I knew it would be, but they were not letting people in after 10 AM because they had already reached capacity. So the first day we did California Adventure. My favorite ride that day was Midway Mania, the new Toy Story 3-D ride. They also had an awesome outside night dancing club for the new movie, Tron. We all really liked that.


We attempted Disneyland the next day but got up too late so we ended up driving around, eating Sushi, hanging out at Downtown Disney, and eating at Mrs. Knott's at Knottsberry Farm. So yummy!! That had a huge line so we waited for over an hour to just get in to eat.

The next day we got up super early so that we could actually get into Disneyland. It was pouring rain as well, so we came prepared with raincoats. We got in! And it was such a fun day! The rain came and went throughout the morning, and let up in the afternoon. My favorites this day were the Haunted Mansion had turned into The Nightmare Before Christmas, eating the Monte Cristo sandwich, and It's A Small World, which had also been transformed for Christmas with Jingle Bells. Bryce and I left Disneyland early to go to the Staples Center, where the Jazz were playing the Clippers. He's a huge Jazz fan, and had to have nice seats. So I was lucky to sit in great seats to watch the game. We won! They had a fan there who would get up every few minutes and cheer the crowd on, he had a really loud voice and everyone loved him! Then we met up with Brandon, Bryce's twin, and ate at Pink's, a famous hot dog stand. Yummy!!


Thursday we went to see my good friend Brandon from high school. He works in Beverly Hills, right off Rodeo Drive. He looked great, as always! (I'm sad I didn't get a picture with him). We also got cupcakes at Sprinkles cupcakes.

Friday, just Bryce and I went to Disneyland to celebrate New Years Eve. Disneyland was extremely crowded! We had to wait in line to get a locker, wait in line for food, wait in line for rides, etc. We spent a lot of time in lines :) But it was a long, fun day. We were there from 8 AM to 12:30 AM so we were completely exhausted by the time we got back to our hotel. Thanks Bryce, for being so good to me and for the fun trip!!






No comments: